Director Information Governance & Record Management
NOTE: This position can be in any area of the US / Preferred areas: Waltham, MA, Atlanta, GA, Dallas, TX, East Coast, Silicon Valley, CA
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Director of Information Governance & Record Management reports directly to Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) and will provide oversight and direction for the activities within the Information Governance and records management function.
The Director will:
- Develop and execute the Information Governance, Record Management program, including Enterprise Information Management (EIM) roadmap in alignment with FMCNA’s information technology.
- Be responsible for leading numerous Information Governance (IG) initiatives, including, but not limited to formulating IG and records policy and best practices and managing company’s information and data systems.
- Work closely with the Information Technology, Business teams, Finance, Information Security & Privacy, Legal & Compliance to assess and improve the overall information management governance.
- Be a strategic thinker, influencer and a leader for our internal teams and customers.
- Capable of working successfully in complex, multi-product ecosystems, at multiple levels, with a wide variety of constituents and with a strong healthcare background.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead, maintain, and evolve the Company’s Information Governance and Record Information Management program.
- Demonstrate cultural intelligence and be a lead change agent in the organization.
- Build strong partnerships across all of Business Units of the Company including product managers, operational excellence, and information technology teams.
- Strong communication skills to effectively build and execute the Company’s data protection strategy with the ability to influence business leaders at the Company.
- Develop strategies and procedures to ensure the classification, confidentiality, privacy, security, retention and defensible disposition of records and information.
- Collaborate with key business unit and cross-functional stakeholders, including, but not limited to, Information Security, Cybersecurity, IT, Legal, and Compliance.
- Evaluate and recommend technology solutions leveraging existing tools for advancing program goals, such as information classification, data categorization, cost reduction, application of retention policies on paper and electronic information, defensible disposition of unstructured data, e-discovery management, and end-user accountability and adoption.
- Collaborate with the Legal Hold team review existing legal hold process. Recommend and implement improvements to align the legal hold process with industry best practices.
- Develop the strategy and manage the implementation of Information Governance program (IG) applying industry-leading practices and methodologies that ensures compliance with applicable legal and regulatory requirements in relevant jurisdictions.
- Develop/enhance, implement, and maintain appropriate Enterprise Information Management (EIM) policies/procedures, retention schedule, training, and recordkeeping guidelines for the lifecycle management of records and information to ensure they are appropriate to support delivery of company’s strategic plan and meet business objectives.
- Maintain the enterprise-wide global records retention schedule, including any country-specific records retention requirements applicable in North America.
- Identify legacy records management systems through the organization and ensure that IG program covers all information assets, in all formats and media, and in both electronic and paper records throughout the company.
- Oversee or work closely with the IG program vendors and consultants on technology solution implementations.
- Support business units and cross-functional areas, i.e. IT, Information Security, Legal, Compliance, HR, and Finance, on day-to-day business needs and special projects.
- Manage third party vendors, as applicable for off-site records storage, including budgets and billing.
- Design and implement effective change management efforts to educate and train employees on managing records and information.
- Significant organizational impact responsible for the overall control of planning, staffing, budgeting, expense priority management, and recommending and implementing changes to current methods. Ensures that budgets and schedules meet corporate requirements.
- Broad latitude for decisions within scope of the job. Decisions are usually complex and have an impact on the business beyond the functional area with serious impact on the overall success or failure in the area of accountability. Erroneous decisions will have a serious impact on the overall success of functional, division or company operations.
- Regularly interacts with executives, senior management, and/or major customers. Interactions frequently require special skills such as negotiating or influencing customers and/or senior level leaders in matters of significance to the organization.
- Interacts with all levels within the organization to manage functional area. Overall responsibility for hiring, coaching and counseling employees, including performance reviews, disciplinary action and terminations.
- Provide technical guidance.
- Assist with various projects as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- May be responsible for the direct supervision of various levels of Information Governance and Records Management function staff.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Advanced Degree preferred
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 12+ years of experience, with Bachelor’s Degree in health-related field required
- Master Degree such as Masters in Science/Engineering, MBA, JD from a top Graduate Program, along with industry certification such as IGP, CRM, CIP, PMP, CIPP/CIPM/CIPT, AHIMA
- Understanding of EHR, HIPPA, ISO 15489, ISO 18829, ISO 2957, and DoD 5015.2
- 5+ years’ experience as a Manager; or 5+ years’ experience in a senior managerial role.
- Strong management skills with the ability to lead cohesive and productive teams.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with all levels of management through diplomacy and tact.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Waltham
Other Locations: United States-Georgia-Atlanta, United States-California-San Jose, United States-Texas-Dallas